Hey. It’s me. Sorry I’ve been a little slow on the posting lately. I’ve been catching back up with my academic self. And enjoying my Fort Collins life. And doing responsible things like cleaning the house. And so my post tonight will be short.
Also, my apologies if you’ve posted something amazing recently and I haven’t seen it. I’ve been busy. Doing these things:
- I’ve been grading…all of the papers–36 papers in one week! Reading and responding to student work is actually pretty exhausting.
- I cleaned all of the house.
- I bought all of the groceries (enough for two weeks, at least.) My fridge is so full! I’ll bet you can figure out which half is mine.
- My sweetie took me rock climbing, which I had never tried before. The jury’s still out on whether I want to make that a thing. But I’m still sore in all of the upper-body muscles–shoulders, back, and those funny muscles on the insides of your forearm. (Anyone a med student who knows what those are called? So. much. sore.)
- Tried all of the new recipes! Actually…not that many. I haven’t had a ton of time to cook, although I always find at least a little bit of time. What with my food intolerances, I have to make my own food a lot. Which I’m okay with, but it takes up a lot of time. One of those new recipes was for low-FODMAP enchiladas verdes…coming soon to a blog near you!Michelle (the roommate) and Spencer (the sweetheart) helped me cook and taste test. And then we all watched South Park…which I had also never seen before. Wow. Just…wow. >_<
- posted to the blog about my semi-intuitive eating strategy. Seriously keeps me sane.
- had a job interview and got offered a summer job…at YMCA of the Rockies!
- did homework
- did laundry
- went to spin class. I’m seriously getting stronger at that. Each time my average watts and calories burned is higher. I try not to think about the calories in terms of my weight–I figure no machine can accurately measure the amount of energy my body is using, anyhow–but the machine can probably serve as a more or less objective measurement of how hard I’ve worked each time, and it’s nice to be getting fitter and stronger.
- and went to swing dance. Every Wednesday, if I can. It’s my de-stress must have.