Do you want to know what I did this week?
Here’s what I did this week.
Finished grading my students’ major term paper.
Calculated and submitted my students’ final grades for the semester.
Gave two finals (one at 7:30 am and one at 4:10 pm. Ew.)
Applied for an internship.
Had a job interview.
Had two doctor’s appointments, one of which was in Denver.
Wrote my final project (a piece or pieces of my master’s thesis, perhaps) for another professor.
Posted a What I Ate Wednesday.
Ran no fewer than four loads of laundry.
Went swing dancing (very briefly).
Packed to go camping.
Went camping for the first time in my life! Which included:
- driving 5 hours through a million billion mountains, each one gorgeous.
- learning how to set up a tent.
- learning how to build a campfire. (Built the second one all by myself!)
- roasting marshmallows! (I am the most badass marshmallow roaster you’ve ever met, btw. I get ’em melted straight through and crunchy toasty on the outside 80- to 90% of the time.)
- making tea and oatmeal on a camp stove and enjoying a gorgeous view of the lake where we were camping.
- hiking at the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park.
- taking a million billion photos along the trail and at the overlook.
- witnessing a cattle drive (and driving along with one for a good ways.)
- packing everything back in the car and driving all the way back home.
- grading all 36 of my students short final papers on the road.
Entered my students’ final grades, in the midst of frantically:
Packing and getting ready to move to YMCA of the Rockies for my summer job.
I couldn’t have done this without my absolute hero of a boyfriend. While I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off packing bags and entering final grades and refilling prescriptions and returning my department laptop, helped me make a to-do list, cleaned my kitchen and living room, bought groceries for me, cooked me lunch, calmed me at least four different times when I was panicking, and even texted me the number of the YMCA while I was on the road so I could call them and tell them I’d be a few minutes late. Oh, and bought me flowers.I don’t know what I ever did to deserve this guy.
Drove through more beautiful mountains in the pouring rain.
Checked in at the YMCA.
Moved in to my new room where I’ll be living while I work here this summer.
Met a new acquaintance at supper.
Went to new staff housing orientation.
Tell me about a really kind thing a friend or loved one did for you lately.