You remember that kids’ book Caps for Sale? The one where the peddler has an absurd amount of caps and he wears them all at once on his head and then monkeys start stealing them?
That’s how I feel lately. Like I’m wearing a giant pile of hats I can’t quite keep balanced on my head.
I would appreciate some monkeys to come take one or two. Or a vanilla gorilla.
Thanks, Meg, for me letting me unload the stack off on you for a while.
- Monday, my students turned in their first project, although I haven’t taken a very serious hack at grading them until Sunday. Still got plenty to go.
- Taught three lessons.
- I still need to lesson plan for tomorrow. And read the texts I assigned my students. 😛 Just remembered that. Crap.
- I led the discussion in my literary translation class on Monday.
- I wrote a proposal for my final project in that class, which will be a translation of five poems from English into German. *gulp (Muss mich mein Deutsch erinnern…)
- I also read a lot for that class, which meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Which means I still need to read whatever is assigned for tomorrow.
- Tuesday was creative nonfiction workshop. I made apple chipotle salsa to share with the class.
- I started reading In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. Gotta get to page 75 by Tuesday.
- Ah, crap. I just remembered that I’m supposed to revise a short piece for Tuesday’s class.
- I found a second reader for my thesis committee. Now I just need to find an out-of-department reader and fill out the GS6. And at some point find the time to write the thesis. Crap.
- On Friday night, I got invited to read for my program’s grad student creative writing reading series, ForkSocket. That was a lot of fun and a definite honor. I also decided at said reading that I like gummy bears better than wine.
- I discovered that you can’t use Instagram without a smart phone.
- I interviewed a fellow grad student to be featured on the English department blog.
- I attended a meeting of the CSU Branch of the National Council of Teachers of English and did a write-up on that.
- I went to our regular English department communications meeting.
- I got bugged by people I emailed long ago about setting up a potential interview and never got back to. Ah, crap. I still need to email them back.
- Crap again. I also need to write up a piece about reading at ForkSocket. And I need to transcribe an interview with my professor from two weeks ago.
- I posted a What I Ate Wednesday featuring 7 Tips for Folks Who Feed Themselves Alone.
- I posted a recipe for Low-FODMAP Quinoa Tuna Salad.
- I read blogs and commented on them.
Healthy, responsible adult hat:
- I bought food at the farmers’ market and at Target and cooked it. Including this beet pesto.
- I did my laundry. And my boyfriend’s laundry. You’re welcome, Sweetie.
- I cleaned small parts of my house in short bursts a couple of times.
- I ordered a new phone with the help of my mother and set it up on Sunday. My first smart phone. Yes, seriously.
- I went to one spin class and one yoga class.
I probably should have given up more of my social life this week. But I didn’t. Sorry not… Okay, never mind. I’m still pretty sorry.
- A couple of nights I watched episodes of Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica with my boyfriend.
- Went to Wednesday night swing dance and out for a glass of wine afterward.
- Went to the CSU Experimental Gardens. I took too many pictures there because I can’t resist taking pictures of flowers.
- Went swing dancing at a little brewery near my house.At said brewery, my goofy boyfriend decided to steal my camera…. I put lipstick on him as revenge.
I actually cut stuff out of this post, believe it or not. Probably half my readers didn’t even make it past the first set of bullet points. Kudos if you made it this far
Which do you like better? Wine or gummy bears?
Do you remember Caps for Sale?