WIAW: Halloween Eats

And, without introduction (I have a longer post scheduled for tomorrow)–here’s what I ate on Halloween!

dscn2280Breakfast Part 1: Trader Joe’s O’s with lactose-free milk and bananas

dscn2285Breakfast Part 2: Vanilla Greek yogurt

dscn2282Lunch: Vegan sandwich with baba ganoush from Karlijn’s Kitchen, orange

dscn2283

Afternoon snack: Simple popcorn made with canola oil and salt

dscn2290-2

Supper: Slightly burnt salmon burger on a gluten-free bun with mayonnaise and baby lettuce, carrots and local broccoli

dscn2287And immediately thereafter, two butterfinger cups. My roommate got some candy to give to trick-or-treaters and decorated the door. We had one group come by.dscn2296Have you tried those Butterfinger cups? They’re like Reese’s, but with crunchy toffee. I decided I wasn’t a huge fan, but I’m not much of a fan of Butterfingers in general.

dscn2300Evening snack: lactose-free mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Thanks to Jenn, Laura, and Arman for the What I Ate Wednesday linkup!

1. That vegan sandwich sounds yummy! I feel like vegan sandwiches are hard to come by (I know as a vegetarian, it’s hard to think beyond peanut butter haha)

We ran out of candy this year which was kind of good because I can’t be trusted around leftovers haha

Hey–great that you had so many trick-or-treaters. πŸ™‚

2. I love traditional Halloween candy. All about the regular peanut butter cups and milky ways! That’s so sad you only had one group of trick or treaters, but more candy for you I guess πŸ˜‰

True–my roommate and I also shared Halloween candy with our students. πŸ™‚

Ooh I just had butterfinger as part of my breakfast yesterday, but a butterfinger cup sounds yummy! :))) BLESSINGS on your day sweet Joyce!

If I could send my Butterfinger cups to you, I would. πŸ™‚

4. Mackenzie says:

I was curious about those Reese’s cups! I have seen them in the store- good to know what they are like before investing πŸ˜‰ Also- I have never thought to put baba on a sandwhich, but that’s genius. I mean, we eat it with pita right?! Thanks for the ideas.

I wasn’t a huge fan, but I definitely think someone who likes Butterfingers would like ’em. πŸ™‚

Looks like a yummy day of food. I puffy heart baba ganoush. Happy Wednesday!

It made for a delicious vegetarian sandwich!

6. Kate says:

Yum, I love a good ol’ bowl of cereal. We didn’t have any trick or treaters and I kind of missed it. I love seeing all the kiddos in costume!

7. Sounds like a lovely day of eats! I havent tried butterfinger cups but i love pb cups so much that i dont think id want any other version!

Yeah–I definitely preferred PB cups.