So…I didn’t have any takers on No-Shame November.
Which is really totally okay! I’m actually not super-surprised. I’m a new, small blog with limited time and means for publicity, and a lot of my friends on the off the interwebs are very busy with other projects. And, you know, life. 😛
However, some of you did express genuine interest in participating. So, if you’re still interested, I’m extending the deadline to November 15.
Email me a 200-500 word description of your No-Shame November challenge by Tuesday, November 15 and I’ll share it, anonymously or with your name, on the blog!Here’s my little challenge if you’re looking for inspiration. 🙂So I actually feel like I’ve been kinda lazy this week. I’ve been celebrating having a little more downtime in the past few Week in Reviews, but I’ve also been letting that go to my head and not been keeping up with all the crap ton I have to do.
But still, I’m going to celebrate what I did accomplish. Because that’s what Week in Review is all about!Let’s get listing!
- I taught three lessons.
- I graded 23 annotated bibliographies. 10 left to go!
- I ate Halloween candy. (That counts as an accomplishment, right?) I also posted about eating Halloween candy in a What I Ate Wednesday.
- I had a piece up for workshop in my nonfiction workshop course and got lots of feedback that…might or might not be useful. Honestly, sometimes workshop feedback just makes me feel overwhelmed and not super-productive. But, oh well. It was still fun to write about tea!–the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also during workshop, the professor had it at her place and ordered pizza for us all, including, very kindly, gluten-free pizza for me! It was the best gluten-free crust I’d had in a long time.
- I went to swing dance on Wednesday night. It was Nightmare-Before-the-Holidays themed, meaning that you were supposed to wear your Halloween costume. I was the Paper Bag Princess! (Anyone remember that book from when they were a kid? Such a good one!)That’s makeup soot on my face–in case you were wondering.
- I posted a new vegan low-FODMAP recipe to the blog.
- I went to two spin classes.
- I helped my sweetie with his going-away party. He’s moving to New Mexico to start a new job this coming week, and I’m sad. :'( I made potato corn chowder–this recipe–and my Hot Mama Chili that got third place in a chili contest at the University of Kansas back when I was an undergrad. Third place out of eight entries, but still. I’ve never shared my Hot Mama Chili here on the blog because it’s not even close to low-FODMAP, but everyone who ate it on Saturday night said they really liked it–including my sweetie, who was super-excited about it!
Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing week. Two weeks ’til Thanksgiving Break–at least here at Colorado State.