I really like Super Bowl parties.
There’s a lot of things that I like about them: seeing friends, watching the commercials (especially good because I don’t watch TV very much), watching football (yes, I actually like American football), and of course, the food.
And there are three kinds of food that I especially associate with the Super Bowl:
- soup (especially chili)
- appetizers (wings, chips & dip, etc.)
- and brownies
If you’re hosting a Super Bowl party and are or have a guest on the low-FODMAP diet, it might be nice to have at least a couple FODMAP-friendly items on the menu. And if you’re attending a Super Bowl party as a guest, it might be nice to bring something along that you can enjoy so you don’t have to go hungry while everyone else munches. So here are a few low-FODMAP goodies that would be perfect for your Super Bowl party!
I’ve also indicated which of these recipes are gluten-free (GF), dairy-free (DF), or vegetarian (V) so folks with those dietary needs can find a few recipes to add to their menus as well!
- Potato Corn Chowder from The Hungry Caterpillar (GF, V)
- Low-FODMAP Cincinnati Chili from Delicious as It Looks (GF)
- Low-FODMAP Chili Con Carne from The Hungry Caterpillar (GF, DF)
- Low FODMAP Minestrone from A Little Bit Yummy (GF, DF)
- Low-FODMAP Green Chili Chicken Stew from The Hungry Caterpillar (GF)
- Carrot Ginger Soup from Kate Scarlata (GF, DF, V)
- Low FODMAP Tomato Lime Salsa from Kate Scarlata (GF, DF, V)
- Zucchini Hummus from Strands of My Life (GF, DF, V)
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Cocktail Meatballs from Calm Belly Kitchen (GF, DF)
- Parmesan Chicken Wings from Delicious as It Looks (GF)
- Artichoke-Free Spaghetti Squash Dip from The Hungry Caterpillar (GF, V)
- Basil Pesto Dip form A Less Irritable Life (GF, DF, V)
- Fudgy One-Bowl Brownies from Calm Belly Kitchen (GF, V)
- Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes from A Little Bit Yummy (GF, DF, V)
- Gluten-Free Brownie Bites from The Hungry Caterpillar (GF, V)
- Gluten Free Avocado Brownies from Gluten Free on a Shoestring (GF, DF, V) *stick to 1/12th of a recipe to avoid exceeding FODMAP limits for cocoa powder and avocado)
- Peanut Butter Blondies from Karlijn’s Kitchen (GF, V)
- Soft Ginger Cookies from A Little Bit Yummy (GF, DF, V)
Okay, so the ginger cookies are random in with all the brownies and blondies. I just think ginger cookies at a Super Bowl party sounds amazing.
What are you doing for the Super Bowl?
Are there any specific foods you associate with the Super Bowl?