Recent Eats

Sorry I missed you guys on Monday. It’s going to be a hectic semester, and it looks like I may not be able to post quite as regularly on the Week in Reviews, especially since I’ve been wanting to focus on a few more recipes and recovery-oriented posts.

But I did want to drop by for a quick little post sharing some recent eats for What I Ate Wednesday! Check out the link-up over at Laura’s today.

As I mentioned in a recent post, I’ve been trying to do more savory breakfasts. My sweetie and I had Kat’s Pesto and Egg Power Bowls for breakfast on Sunday.

I think of quinoa as hard to cook, but it’s not any harder than oatmeal–it just takes about 8 minutes longer. I loved topping it with the egg and roasted red pepper!

I made a Whole Foods run one night after work–it’s right on the bus route home from campus. I didn’t have much to eat at home, so I grabbed some tofu, pepper, mushrooms, and rice ramen for a quick ramen noodle soup.

I’m not a big ramen person, but it totally hits the spot once in a while!

I had lots of tofu leftover, so a few days later, I made a tofu stir fry from Dianne Benjamin’s Low-FODMAP Cookbook!

My sweetheart stayed the weekend, and so the stir fry was gone pretty quickly. Food disappears more quickly with boyfriends around.

One of my favorite quick meals: a salmon burger on a gluten-free bun with mayonnaise. Here I added a roasted red bell pepper. Broccoli on the side.

I’ve still been working through this yummy Fit Foodie Finds Green Goddess Dip. The more I eat it, the more I like it! Plus, if you just omit the garlic and use garlic-infused oil in place of the olive oil, it’s low-FODMAP too!

How can I forget Super Bowl Sunday? For the game, my friends and I headed to a sports bar, and I helped put a dent in these nachos and chowed on a few BBQ wings, as well.

I was actually rooting for a team for the first time in my Super Bowl life: the Patriots, in support of my roommate, who’s from the Boston area. It was probably the most exciting football game I’ve ever watched, and definitely a good game to be a Pats fan. 😉

Last but not least, I love this chai pudding I posted on Saturday. It’s my favorite dessert recipe I’ve posted to the blog so far. I’ll be making it many more times, for sure.

Do you have strong feelings about ramen? (Love it? Hate it?)

How ’bout them Pats?

1. I LOVE ramen–I’ve been obsessed with making my own and with those Lotus ones too! I usually add an egg, some spices, and eat it with seaweed and kimchi on the side!

I just discovered the Lotus ones. It’s nice to have that as a option for a quick meal!

Boyfriends…food AND grocery money seems to disappear much quicker with them around. Dan is lucky he brings me muffins.
    I still have never had ramen. I feel like I’m missing out on a big chunk of life. Not only am I seeing it more and more through bloggers, but it seems to be this massive phenomenon in the restaurant biz. There’s a ramen restaurant not far from me that ALWAYS has a line up outside the door. I need to see what this is all about.
    Your salmon burger dinner is one of my favorites as of late as well. I just made tuna burgers but need to grab more buns.

I think you and Dan are both lucky that he brings you muffins. Good thing we love ’em. 🙂
      I don’t know if you’re missing out on that much. But good ramen is quite good. Almost like pho (but not quite as good as pho.)

3. We get those ramen noodles from Costco! Is that where you got yours? And we LOVE ramen. It’s such a quick meal, and you can pack all the veggies and even eggs in if you want to.

I actually got mine at Whole Foods!

4. Those noodle sounds good! I like ramen, but only if it’s fancy ramen. None of those 99 cent packs… I am NOT in college anymore. 😉

I watched the Super Bowl… because I’m from Atlanta… sigh.

Yeah, I’m not big into the super-cheap ramen anymore, either.
      Sorry about the Falcons. They played really well!

5. Kat says:

Ahhh I’m so glad you tried my power bowl recipe!! I hope you two liked it. It’s one of my favorite recipes to make!

Thanks, Kat. We liked it a lot–really helped fill me up and kept me fueled. 🙂

6. Kate says:

You had me at green goddess dip- wow that looks SO good.

It’s so spicy and yummy!

7. Alex and I shared a platter of nachos… but we FAILED. I literally don’t remember the last time that we couldn’t finish something!