My Fuzzy Valentine (and Birthday Boy)

Do you know that song “My Funny Valentine?” I keep thinking of it. Except that my version would be “My Fuzzy Valentine.”

Speaking of my fuzzy Valentine, we had a birthday party for the Fuzz Face (i.e. my bearded boyfriend) this weekend.

He was really glad to get to see all of his friends–and I was glad to get to hang out with some friends too. Everyone seemed to have a good time. I made a triple batch of Kat’s Herb Cream Cheese Mini Bell Peppers, and they were a huge hit!

I also made some Cotter Crunch Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Meatballs. Dang, they were good, and really, really spicy. ?️?️?️ My boyfriend and I loved them, but I guess we were the only spice fiends, because no one else was willing to brave the spice except my roommate. Kudos to her!

Oh, well. More meatballs for me and Fuzzy Face.

I didn’t realize that this wrapping paper says “Girl!” all over it until after I wrapped it. Oops. This was the only paper and bow I had in the apartment, okay?

The day after the party, between cleaning up the apartment, working on resumes, doing laundry, writing for my internship and reading for class, Fuzzy Face and I got out for a bit of a walk.

Fort Collins is crawling with Canada geese right now. There is not a single sidewalk in town that isn’t covered in goose poop.

I don’t hate them–probably because one of my favorite movies as a kid was Fly Away Home–but I don’t like them as much as ducks.

We got views of Horsetooth Rock the whole way!

In the evening on Sunday, we went out for pizza and watched some Star Trek. We always dance when the Star Trek theme comes on.

It was not the most productive weekend of my life in terms of schoolwork/internship/teaching/applying for jobs after graduation/all that jazz…but a good time was had by all.

To see what other bloggers have been up to this week/weekend, hop over to Meg‘s for Week in Review.

Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!

Who’s your funny (or fuzzy) Valentine this year? (significant other, parent, child, sibling, best friend, kitty cat ??)

Are you a spice person or a not-so-much-on-the-spice person?

I loved Fly Away Home! What a nice movie. Canada Geese on the other hand… those things can be scary.
    Definitely not a spice fan but I would have been all over those peppers! So nice to hear you had a lovely birthday/valentines weekend with the fuzz face. Mine will be coming up on Tuesday to see my show… just ironically falls on V-day, too.

Daaaawwww. That’s perfect how your show falls on Valentine’s. Break a leg!

2. My husband and I LOVE spicy food, but when preparing food for guests I always have to remind myself, not everyone else likes it as much as me. But literally I put hot sauce or crushed red pepper on just about everything. So I def need to try that meatball recipe!

Yeah. I should have known better. They were as good as I expected!

3. I’m a big fan of spicy and Lindsay’s balls so I would have totally tried them. πŸ™‚

I’m so glad you had a wonderful weekend with your fuzzy Valentine. Happy Belated Birthday to him.

Oscar is my fuzzy Valentine followed closely by the Hubby. πŸ™‚

I’m only slightly jealous of you. Oscar seems like a pretty slick feline. πŸ˜‰

4. I am SUCH a spice person. I can eat anyone under the table when it comes to hot sauce, wasabi, chili peppers, etc. I have to be careful when I cook for other people…I generally just take it down about 5 notches to what normal humans would eat! Also, I think having a less than productive week IS productive because it gives you a reset and rest period.

That’s a nice way to think of it. It does sometimes help me come back more productive on Monday to have a relaxing weekend.

5. Sounds like a great weekend! Is your boyfriend’s actual bday on Vday? My husband’s is! I LOVE spicy food–I have a hard time toning down my spice sometimes when I have guests over!

Not quite Valentine’s day, but close. I know having a birthday right on a holiday can be both a blessing and a curse.

6. Fuzzy Face – that’s a cute nickname. I wonder what you’d think of my sister’s husband – P. is a huge fan of his beard while my youngest cousin used to be so scared of the wild bearded stranger ;).
    We all need those laid back weekends and yours sounds wonderful. Socializing, quality time with your boy and good food. Oh and happy belated birthday to your Fuzzy Face!

That’s kind of cute. I can see how facial hair would be a tad scary to little kids.

I think weeks that aren’t super productive in one area are usually pretty productive in another area. It sounds like you got to spend a lot of quality time with loved ones, and that’s so wonderful. Give me all the spice. I love it. My madre is my Valentine this year. She bought me a giant jar of almond butter. She knows the way to my heart.

She does indeed! Enjoy your almond butter. πŸ™‚

8. I made Lindsay’s meatballs too! Aren’t they so good?! I’d eat anything she came up with. πŸ™‚

9. Kat says:

Happy birthday to your man! And I’m so glad that everyone enjoyed the peppers! They look amazing πŸ™‚

They were a huge hit!

My parents said they would be my valentines this year lol. Those meatballs look so yummy too! have a nice day Joyce <3