Doing a very traditional Week in Review this time: a list of accomplishments.
- I got an email about a really cool potential opportunity/job for the summer and fall. I’m keeping it a bit on the DL for now, but I’ll let y’all know more if it becomes more official.
- I updated my vehicle registration. It was only 7 months late, and I only needed the slight reminder of a neon green sticker on my windshield telling me my car would be towed if I didn’t update the registration. I’m good at this adulting thing, guys.
- I cleaned. At least, I cleaned a little bit. I can only do so much, guys. I’m a graduate student.
- I did two spin classes and a weight lifting class, despite crummy tummy days. On the one hand, exercising in the midst of an IBS flare-up is kinda miserable; on the other hand, it makes me feel so much better afterward.
- I’ve been such a good little intuitive eater! I just keep eating and eating and eating, like the Hungry Caterpillar I am. My body must really be needing extra energy and nutrition–I keep eating substantial meals with plenty of carbs, fats, and protein and finding myself hungry within an hour or two. Oops. 😛
- Experimental and controversial nonfiction writer David Shields came to campus to give a film screening and reading. After the event, I ended up on camera, being interviewed by the school newspaper. I’m famous, guys!
- I posted a new recipe to the blog for the world’s easiest, scrumptious, low-FODMAP and gluten-free homemade mac & cheese.
- Upon locking myself out of my apartment while taking photos of said mac & cheese, I visited a neighbor and friend, which was good in general, but especially because she’s recovering from surgery.
- I gave my students the opportunity to re-submit their papers and correct the comma errors. So now I’m correcting the corrected commas. Wee! (Side note: I’d love to teach a class just about grammar and punctuation some day. #nerd)
- I made Kat’s Thai Vegetable Noodle Soup with some of Dianne’s Marinated Baked Tofu on the side. Both turned out seriously so good!
What were some of the top accomplishments from your week?
Anyone else a grammar/punctuation fan?