In truth, I don’t feel like I accomplished much this week. It’s getting to the point in the semester when the big, ugly things are dwelling on me, so that even when I’m doing work, I feel guilty about the bigger, scarier, more “important” things I should be doing instead.
Here’s a few things I did do this week. Thanks to Meghan for reminding us to focus on our accomplishments, no matter how small.
- I signed my lease to stay in this apartment next year. I don’t have a job for next year yet, so that’s a little nerve-wracking, but the housing market in Northern Colorado is absolutely bananas and frankly, I really like my apartment and my roommate.
- I taught three lessons. I think/hope they were coherent and helpful.
- I also returned all of my students’ short assignments to them within 48 hours. Impressive, for me.
- I went to swing dance. For some reason, I’ve been super-tired this week, drifting off at my desk, snoozing my alarm way too much. 😴 I was so sleepy that evening I wasn’t planning to stay even past the lesson. The Fuzzy Face called right as I was about to head out, though, and after our conversation, encouraged me to stay. Glad I took his advice.
- I did my usual two spin classes and the Monday weights class I’ve recently discovered that I really like.
- I wrote an essay for my graduate creative nonfiction workshop. It’s short but gutsy. And by gutsy, I mean it’s about guts.
- I went to a classmate’s thesis reading. So good! Her essay, “How to Get to Heaven from Colorado,” will be published in the upcoming issue of the Iron Horse Literary Review!
- I posted a What I Ate Wednesday explaining what it means to follow a “modified low-FODMAP diet, as well as a Caterpillar Crawl for the month of March.
- This weekend, myself and a small team of friends and family helped the Fuzzy Face move from one third-floor apartment to a different third-floor apartment. Two trips with a small trailer and five cars. About ten hours total. No elevator. I’m sore everywhere.
- On Sunday, I did a great big grocery store run and stocked up on a lot of food. Here’s hoping it lasts a wee while; my pocket book is sore now too.
I realize I haven’t been reading and commenting on blogs as regularly as I’d like to. My life right now is very hectic and will remain so for about a month-plus. I may also have to drop out of posting as much as I like to. I’ll still be around; reading blogs sometimes becomes my “I can’t grade another student paper right now or I’ll go bananas” thing. But I might not get to as many posts for a few weeks. Still love you guys!
Have you ever signed a lease before you were certain you’d have a job somewhere?
Any good moving stories?