Currently: May 2017

Last week, I said that I wasn’t so excited to do life-y posts anymore. Hypocritically, I’ve had the urge to try my hand at a Currently post and give a little snapshot of my life lately, like many of my favorite bloggers do.

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself. I am large. I contain multitudes.

(Shamelessly plagiarized from Walt Whitman. Although technically, it’s now out of copyright.)

Anyway…

Currently reading: I just finished Difficult Women by Roxane Gay. Beautifully written but painful. On Saturday, I got a library card for our local library district and checked out Swing Time by Zadie Smith.

Current procrastination: Finishing up with the formatting and proofreading on my thesis so I can submit it to the graduate school for official acceptance.

Current need: To get my wisdom teeth taken out. I’ve been putting it off for four years, friends. And they hurt. Fortunately, I have a consultation scheduled with the oral surgeon in about two weeks.

Current obsession: I splurged on a new t-shirt I found on Pinterest by a Canadian company called Mimi & August. Cats + body positive = <3Currently watching: I’ve gotten into Season 4 of Next Gen and the final season of Downton. Season 6 of Downton so far has been much better than Season 5.

Current excitement: With the help of a little “Kohl’s Cash” and shopping the sale rack, I got a new pair of teaching shoes for $0.00! Current non-guilty pleasure: Beautiful, sunshine-y days in northern Colorado! My boyfriend and I got in a big, beautiful hike in the foothills south of town. Current food: Rather unusually for me, I’ve been on a salad kick.Current accomplishment: Social time. I’ve had a few much-needed dates with friends in the last couple of weeks, including breakfast with one of my oldest friends back in Kansas, dinner and games with a couple of friends who are moving soon for Ph.D. school, drinks with some of my boyfriend’s swing dance friends, and a barbecue hosted by a grad school friend. Quite a lot of social time for someone who gets most of her social interaction complaining to her officemates and roommate.

Your turn!

Currently reading?

Current food?

Tagged under:

1. Quill says:

-Current procrastination: Many things, I’m still in the sort of “rest” phase of finishing the semester. Trying to find a job (not as enthusiastically as my mom wants), eventually I’ll get around to some much-needed journal reflection, a few projects I need to get to (like the latest oil leak on my car…), exercising, and getting in touch with some friends – summer is lonely.
    -Currently reading: Not much – sadly reading isn’t a huge part of my life, though it should be. have gone on plenty of Wikipedia Loops, not sure if that counts?
    -Current food: A lot of the same staples, but the main change since leaving school is a lot more meat. My mom, who I’m spending the summer with, is a big carnivore, while my roommate is a vegetarian. This effects shared meals, which in turn effects my habits. Also, meat is expensive, but at home mom buys it.

I totally hear what you’re saying about the meat thing. I used to be mostly vegetarian, except when I went home.
      I also hear what you say about summer being lonely. Let me know if you ever want to hang out. If you can’t make it up to Fort Collins, Longmont would be a good halfway point.

currently reading a book by Alison Malee called “Breaking Bone.”

Love that shirt. I want one!

Current food? Toast with Earth Balance butter. I’ve been loving that stuff!

Toast and butter is one of those foods that’s so simple yet so perfect.

Kohl’s cash for the win! And adorable body positive cats too!
    AHHH!! so excited for you to finish Downton Abbey!
    Just finished a book called The Most Dangerous Place on Earth. I have heard good things about both the books you mentioned! Would you still recommend Difficult Women? Also please let me know how Swing Time is!

I’d recommend Difficult Women for sure–I just think it’s good for the reader to be warned going in that there’s a lot of sexual violence.

4. I love that shirt!!! I’m off to scour Etsy.

5. I’m currently reading Barefoot Season by Susan Mallery–I needed something light and fluffy to help deal with my discomfort haha.
    I’ve also been loving some sunshine and am looking forward to more outdoor time with baby girl in my arms 😀

Yep. Excellent shirt purchase. And whatever splurging that entailed obviously just balances out the FREE shoes!? I don’t know what Kohl’s cash it but it sounds like a good system.
    So much socializing! That’s awesome! I think summer is good for getting us out and about more.

7. Not much of a t-shirt person myself – honestly, I wear dresses all year round and am hardly seen in anything else – I still think the one you got is really cute. And wow on your shoes. I have no clue what you mean with “Kohl’s cash” (other than that it is related to that store) but free shoes are a win.
    Currently reading this and that because I have yet to decide on my next book purchase. It’s tough because the previous one I finished – Thinking, fast and slow – was so amazing that nothing else can live up to it. Yes, I know I’m complicated ;).
    All the social interaction on your part sounds like it really brightened your days.