There are so many listicles in magazines and on the internet telling you all the reasons you should workout. Many of those lists even contain some accurate information. But we don’t tend to get a very balanced perspective from them.
Here are ten perfectly good reasons you are under no obligation to workout today:
- You’re sick or injured.
- You have amenorrhea and you’re trying to get your period back.
- You’re too busy with other stuff.
- You need some sleep.
- You need a recovery day–or a recovery week.
- You made plans with friends or loved ones.
- It’s too nice of a day to be inside the gym.
- You’d rather do more casual movement, like dancing or going for a walk.
- Something comes up spur of the moment.
- You realize you’re doing it out of guilt rather than because it truly sounds appealing.
- Any reason, tbh. You don’t need my permission to skip a workout.
Read this and still want to workout? Great! Then go for it. I just did a workout because I felt like moving my body, and I feel good.